.bank & .insurance: New Domain Name Suspension Policy
fTLD is going to introduce the new Domain Name Compliance Escalation and Suspension Policy in the coming months, as the persistent non-compliance by some registrants threatens the integrity of the .bank & .insurance TLDs. The registry is contacting registrants to inform them of this new policy.
In addition, the registry will continue to provide monthly compliance notices to registrants. As a reminder, details about implementing the Security Requirements are available here.
The most common failures the registry sees are:
- Email authentication, typically that domains do not have DMARC in place.
- Certificate failures because domains are using a certificate associated with another domain (usually a .com).
- TLS encryption using weak protocols and/or weak ciphers.
- Domain redirection occurring from an HTTP connection; all connections must be via HTTPS.
- Port checks reflecting the use of weak ciphers.
- .th enters limited registration phase from 1 July 2021 to 29 July 2021
- .rugby, .basketball and .sbs now open for general availability (from 15 July 2021)
Brandsec is a corporate domain name management and brand protection company that looks after many of Australia, New Zealand and Asia’s top publicly listed brands. We provide monitoring and enforcement services, DNS, SSL Management, domain name brokerage and dispute management and brand security consultation services.