Market leading monitoring technology and specialised anti-counterfeit analysis and enforcement teams
Marketplaces are on the Sellers side when it comes to counterfeit
- Online marketplaces take the issue of counterfeiting on their platforms very seriously even if at times it doesn’t seem so.
- Many of the major marketplaces are members of the International Anti Counterfeiting Coalition (IACC) and in some cases, companies such as Amazon, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on World Intellectual Property Day 2018 to further strengthen their collaboration in combating counterfeiting on their global ecommerce and auction platform.
- Alibaba, eBay and other major platform all have their own programs to specifically combat counterfeiting.
Monitoring is the First Step
While these marketplace takedown programs exist, it is up to the brand owner to initiate a complaint or a takedown request with supporting evidence. The first step in the battle against counterfeit is to understand the scope of the problem across the many different platforms available for legitimate and unauthorised sellers to market your goods. Marketplace monitoring technology and specialised anti-counterfeit analysis teams enable brand owners to rapidly detect infringements relatively quickly and before damage is done.
Automated Bulk Enforcement
Every marketplace anti-counterfeit program has its differences that includes unique processes, assessment techniques, timeframes and each legal teams operate differently. Individually submitting a complaint for each counterfeit instance, across different marketplaces, can be extremely time consuming, administratively cumbersome and not to mention very frustrating.
brandsec marketplace takedown team take all of the hassle out of submitting counterfeit complaints. Not only does our technology monitor and find counterfeits, we also have have an automated tool that pre-populates your details, your IP details and all of the associated details of the infringing listing. You then have the ability to review all complaints before they are submitted to the relevant marketplace
Amazon Project ZERO
- We have the power to combat counterfeit products on Amazon with a self-service tool. It’s important to note that this program is specifically intended to remove counterfeit products from the marketplace.
- Amazon Project Zero uses a combination of product data, machine learning, and serialization to scan the Marketplace for potential counterfeits and remove them preemptively.
- Self-service Counterfeit Removal: Amazon’s Automated Protections System means that brands can now remove flagged counterfeit listings without having to contact Amazon.
eBay VeRO Program
The Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program allows owners of intellectual property (IP) rights and their authorized representatives to report eBay listings that may infringe on those rights.
Reportable listings include:
- Items that infringe on your intellectual property
- Counterfeit or replica items.
- Unauthorized use of copyrighted content in a listing or product page
If an item or listing infringes on your intellectual property rights, you can report the listing by submitting a Notice of Claimed Infringement (NOCI). brandsec automate this process and manage all paperwork and liaison with eBay on your behalf.
Alibaba IPR Submission
If your brand or any other intellectual property rights (IPR) have been copied and published by others without your consent, you can use the IPR submission process to have the Alibaba Legal Department investigate and process the complaint.
Alibaba also have their own anti-counterfeiting or marketplace takedown alliance, which has 121 brands, including big-name luxury labels like Louis Vuitton, Tapestry (Coach), Michael Kors, and Prada, as well as valuable consumer brands like Disney, Apple, and Starbucks all advocating for increased brand IPR rights.
As a result of these efforts, Alibaba boasts a 70 percent year-on-year drop in listings removed from its e-commerce platform in response to consumer complaints of counterfeit products.
Get in Touch
Email inquiries will be promptly answered by our knowledgeable service team. Please use the web form for any comment or question you would like to have addressed.